The following general principles form the basis of the Code:
- All sponsorship should be legal, decent, honest and truthful conforming to accepted principles of fair competition in business.
- All sponsorship packages should be prepared with a sense of responsibility to all parties to the sponsorship and the public.
- The terms, conditions and conduct should be based on fairness and good faith between all parties to the sponsorship.
- No sponsorship should bring the sponsorship industry into disrepute or reduce confidence in sponsorship as a service to the marketing industry, the media and the public.
- Sponsorship and related communications should not be misleading, untruthful or indecent.